SERRA is one of the many community groups participating in a Community Liaison Committee for the new Roehampton Residence.
The Roehampton Residence, located at 808 Mount Pleasant Road, opened on July 3, 2020, to clients as part of the City of Toronto’s three-tiered COVID-19 response. The City has leased the Roehampton Hotel for two years (with an option to extend for a third year) from the property owner. This site has 109 units for up to 174 clients. The Roehampton Residence currently serves about 140 clients. The City’s Shelter, Support and Housing Administration (SSHA) operates the Roehampton Residence.
Since mid-March, the City of Toronto has moved more than 3,900 people throughout its emergency shelter system, including more than 1,500 individuals who have been transitioned to permanent housing, to achieve physical distancing of two meters between shelter beds, in accordance with Ministry of Health guidance for congregate living settings. The City took these urgent actions, which included opening these two programs, to save lives and protect vulnerable people, who are at greater risk of COVID-19 related harms.
More information about the City of Toronto’s homelessness services COVID-19 response can be found at www.toronto.ca/PhysicalDistancingShelters.
Read more here.
- August 12, 2020
- August 19, 2020
- August 27, 2020
- September 11, 2020
- September 28, 2020
- October 27, 2020
- November 18 2020.pdf
- Roehampton Newsletter – 2 .pdf
- Roehampton Newsletter – 3
- ROEHAMPTON RESIDENCE CLC MEETING – Feb 11 2021 Revised
- Roehampton Newsletter – 4
- Roehampton Residence CLC April 2021 Edited
- CLC June 2021 minutes
- July – CLC Meeting Minutes – Roehampton Residence
- CLC Meeting Minutes – Roehampton Residence – August 2021
- Harm Reduction in Shelters – Drug Crisis – Sept 8, 2021
- Roehampton meeting minutes – January 2022